Thursday 9 July 2009

Maiden entry

Hola! My full name is Abdul Fattah bin Abd. Ghani, but I usually use Fattah Ghani for internet purposes. Prior to this blog, I had another one at Xanga.com but since that one's a private blog, I'd rather not have everyone view it, heheh ;-P

In terms of computer skills and knowledge, I think I belong to the 'mildly educated' group. I don't really know much about computers, just enough to differentiate between good models and the lame ones. But then again, there might more to my computer knowledge than what I expected. I tend to be very ignorant with what I know about computers. I'm very proficient in operating the usual softwares, such as MS Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc. Other softwares include Sound Forge, GuitarPro, Finale, Sibelius, Solfege, various video/audio converters and the list goes on. When it comes to computer hardware, I do have some knowledge about them. I know what is a motherboard, RAM, etc and I also know their functions. But again, only enough to ridicule the bad computers.

I am frequently engaged in the normal Internet activities like emailing, downloading songs via Ares, uploading videos (YouTube), searching for info on things (Google, Yahoo, Wikipedia), keeping up with friends (Facebook, Friendster, etc) and so on. Sometimes I just surf the Net for no apparent reasons at all. Just wondering around the cyberspace, I guess.

During my practicum, I had a few opportunities to use the computer in my teaching. But out of the few attempts, I only managed to successfully conduct 2 effective lessons. The others weren't really effective as there were a lot of technical problems i.e computer breakdown, software failures and so on. Not that I didn't try to avoid those sorts of problems, it's just that they keep on popping here and there to make your life miserable. Part & parcel of dealing with computers, I think 8-o

Apart from using the Net for fun, I do use it for educational purposes. I get a lot of info on stuff and it really helps in finishing assignments. The Internet can also help to better myself in a lot of other disciplines like music and so on, which is possible through e-books and other interactive things you can download. I guess that's it for now. Had to go, so see ya later.

1 comment:

  1. Technical malfuntion is a hindrance to the use technology in the classroom

    ReplyDelete